De Luca have been recently awarded the $38m contract for the design and construction of the extension and refurbishment works to Burpengary Plaza located in the Moreton Bay Region. The project consists of the extension and renovation of the existing shopping centre and mall complex, the surrounding carpark and other external buildings.
Once completed, the shopping mall will house a Woolworths supermarket, Kmart store, approximately 50 tenancies, a food court and two banks. Surrounding the mall there will be parking space for approximately 981 cars. Also included in the works is a Kmart Tyre and Auto Service Centre and 2 additional retail buildings facing Station Road. The existing Woolworths is proposed to be renovated as part of the centre upgrade.
De Luca have commenced design works for the demolition of existing loading docks, several of the existing tenancies and external buildings on the site, as well as construction works including:
- New loading dock for Woolworths and Specialty shops
- 5,000 m2 Kmart Supermarket to be incorporated into the mall
- Kmart Tyre and Auto Service building, located on the Southern part of the site
- Expansion of the Southern car park and resurfacing of the existing car park
- Construction of shops outside the mall for the housing of several cafes and restaurants
- Complete upgrade of existing tenancies and mall structure, including enhancement of shop fronts, facades and external appearance of existing tenancies
- Upgrade of several existing buildings outside the mall area